Saturday, September 21, 2013

For loi19.com: Left-back Desmond has the striker's touch for Shels

He hadn’t scored in over three years but he now has two goals in six games – and left-back Lee Desmond is aiming to keep the front foot forward as Shelbourne look to maintain their impressive form in their bid to become only the second side to win the League of Ireland u19 Elite Division title.

Desmond’s 79th minute goal eventually secured Shels’ sixth win from six games and put down a dogged St. Patrick’s Athletic challenge at Tolka Park. The Reds ran out narrow 3-2 winners in a thrilling game which saw the Saints level matters twice before failing to repeat the feat for a third time.

“I thought I was going to get a nose-bleed I was so high up the pitch, to be honest! I saw the midfielder trying to play it out wide and I just read the game, took a big touch out of my feet and a chance opened up for me.”


Continue reading my interview with Lee Desmond on loi19.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment